- Sweet Potatoes-3 Medium or 4-5 small (makes about 8-10)
- Potato (any kind)-1 medium boiled
- Ginger-1 inch crushed
- Green Chillies (jalapeños)-2 chopped finely
- Ground Cumin-1 tsp
- Ground Coriander-1 tsp
- Cornstarch-2-3 tbsps
- Salt-to taste
- Oil-for shallow frying
- Wash the Sweet potatoes and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 50 mins- 1 hour until cooked.
- In the meantime boil a potato either on the stove-top or in a microwave.
- Peel off the skin of the sweet potatoes and the potato, mash it and mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Take some of the mix and flatten it between your hands, into round shaped patties.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Shallow fry until nicely brown and caramalized on both sides.Serve hot with some ketchup!
- refrigerate the ready patties for about 20 minutes before you fry them
- Use a Non-Stick pan to prevent them from sticking (do not use too much oil, just 2 tbsp on each side should suffice)
- Let the patties develop a nice golden color on one side before you flip them.