MASHED POTATOES WITH A SECRET
- 2 lbs peeled and quartered Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add plenty of clean water and bring to a boil. Add some salt and keep boiling for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, it's time to brown the butter. In a small saucepan (preferably white or silver colored so you can watch the butter brown), melt the butter on medium-low heat. Keep cooking the butter until tiny brown pieces start to form on the bottom of the pan. Remove the butter from the heat immediately.
- Warm up the milk on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Drain the potatoes and pour the milk and the butter on top. Using the potato masher, work on the mixture until it looks smooth and no lumps remain.
- Garnish with some browned butter.