- 16 ounce carton of liquid egg whites
- 4 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Spray 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. If you're using a 12 cup muffin tin, you will end up with 4 empty cups. Fill any cups you aren't using halfway with water. This is to keep even heating in your pan. If I can't fill all of the cups in any recipe, I always fill them with some water.
- Place a 1/2 Tablespoon of feta crumbles into each of the 8 empty cups.
- Top with a spoonful of chopped fresh spinach, if desired.
- Shake your carton of egg whites, then fill each of your cups, dividing the egg whites evenly amongst them. I leave about 1/4 inch of room at the top.
- Place in a cold oven and set heat to 325 degrees F. Bake for 15-25 minutes until eggs are just beginning to puff up, but still have a slight jiggle in the center.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes. I use a small rubber spatula to go around the edges of the cup and then just scoop the eggs out. It's easier to remove the eggs when they are still warm.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
* If you prefer starting your eggs in a preheated oven, check them at 10 minutes and then judge the balance of your time since the cook time will be faster.
*I always make a triple batch of these and completely fill two muffin pans. It takes the same amount of time and I have breakfast ready to go for 3 days.
*I don't recommend freezing these as it does affect the quality and texture of the eggs. I've done it in a pinch, but they are so easy to make, I've found that the short term storage in the refrigerator works perfectly for me and does not compromise the texture or quality.
The Merchant Baker © 2015