Portobello, Gouda and Kale Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices thick rustic bread (I used pugliese)
- 2 small Portobello mushrooms
- 4 ounces gouda
- ½ cup kale pesto
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Heat a griddle to high heat. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook on each side until the mushroom is soft and tender, about 4 minute son each side. Pull off the griddle and slice each mushroom into 4 or 5 slices.
- Slather all 4 slices of bread with the kale pesto, and then pile the mushrooms on one side.
- Add the gouda cheese and top the sandwiches with the second piece of bread.
- Add a generous amount of olive oil to the pan and cook the sandwich over medium-high heat until golden and crispy on both sides with the cheese melted.
- Slice in half and serve hot!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2