Fresh Broccoli and Apple Salad with Walnuts
2 medium heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ medium onion (1/4 cup), finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted on a skillet and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raisins or cranberries
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp sugar, or add to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Toast walnuts over medium/ high heat, tossing them occasionally so they don't burn. Heat about 4-5 minutes. Chop walnuts coarsely.
- Combine chopped broccoli, grated carrot, chopped apple, chopped onion, chopped walnut and cranberries.
- To make the dressing, combine: mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Mix as much of the dressing as you want into the salad, then serve.