A creamy but healthy chicken salad with fresh basil and chopped walnuts, perfect for lunch!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (1 large stalk or 2 small ones)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise (I use low-fat)
- 3 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Serve as a sandwich, wrap, lettuce wrap or with crackers and cheese.
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You can use leftover grilled or roasted chicken here or a rotisserie chicken from the store. You could also sub out pecans for the walnuts, if desired.
You can increase the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt to 1/4 cup each if you prefer an extra creamy chicken salad.