CHICKEN CORDON BLEU GRILLED CHEESE
Recipe type: Comfort Food, Sandwiches, Main Meals, Dinner, Lunch
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, flattened
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1- 2 cups Panko® bread crumbs
- Salt, Pepper and Slap Ya Mama® seasoning to taste
- 6 pieces Texas style bread, buttered on one side of each piece
- 6 pieces cooked ham, sliced
- 12 pieces Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Just Mayo®
- 1 Tbs mustard
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Pound boneless skinless chicken breast with a meat mallet to desired thickness.
- Dip each chicken breast into milk.
- Add flour to large baggie and add chicken, one breast at a a time, to coat.
- Remove from baggie and dip into milk again.
- Next, press into Panko® bread crumbs to coat.
- Add chicken to hot skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasoning.
- Cook approximately 8-9 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove and place on plate lined with paper towels.
- In a deep skillet, with a lid, heat over low heat.
- Add bread, buttered side down.
- Top each piece of bread with 1 slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of ham, then another slice of Swiss cheese.
- Add a piece of chicken on top of the Swiss cheese.
- Top chicken with another slice of Swiss cheese, 1 slice of ham, then 1 more slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place bread on top, buttered side up.
- Cover with lid to help melt cheese.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together (this is great for dipping your sandwich into).