Yields 4-6 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey
- ½ of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Hamburger buns for serving
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley, crushed between the palms of your hands
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, spray a large skillet generously with cooking spray or add a tablespoon of oil.
- When the skillet is hot, sauté the onion, carrots and celery until they start to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add in the ground chicken and break it up into crumbles with a wooden spoon.
- Season with a teaspoon of kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken and vegetables until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add in the chicken broth or water and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- In a small bowl or measuring glass whisk together the tomato sauce, wing sauce, Worcestershire and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and stir together until everything is coated.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with the blue cheese ranch sauce.
- In a small bowl add in the Greek yogurt and crumbled blue cheese.
- Use the back of a fork to mash the blue cheese into the yogurt.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately on top of the sloppy Joes or cover and refrigerate until ready to use