Easy veggie sloppy joes made with veggie ground round, portobello mushrooms and lots of veggies!
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion minced
- 1 carrot finely minced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms pulsed in a food processor to reach a ground meat consistency
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and veins removed, finely minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp HP Sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 340 g package of Yves Veggie Cuisine Original Ground Round
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms scrubbed clean
- 4 whole grain buns
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add in the onion, and carrots, and cook until the onion and carrots has softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and stir until fragrant, then add in the worchestershire, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar and maple syrup. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Right before serving, stir in the Yves Veggie Cuisine Original Ground Round and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the caps on a baking tray and broil until it soft, about 5-7 minutes, turning once half way through.
When ready to serve, place the mushroom cap top side down on the bottom bun. Fill the cavity with lots of the sloppy joe mix then finish with the top bun. Enjoy!