White Spinach Queso
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 12 ounces white american cheese, cubed or shredded
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ⅔ cup half and half (milk will also work)
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained (also known as ROTEL)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and salute until tender. Add the cheese and half and half and continue stirring until melted.
- Add the canned tomatoes, spinach and cilantro and stir well. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe adapted from Bake your Day