TUNA MELTS ON TOMATO HALVES
Author: Cooks with Cocktails
Recipe type: Appetizer or Main
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 can Flaked light Tuna in water
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Mayo ( I used light mayo)
- 2 - 4 Tbsp chopped Green Onion
- ¼ - ½ cup of Guryre and Cheddar Cheese mixed together
- 2 Pickles sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the tomato in half and scoop out the seeds. You dont have to do this, but if you leave the seeds in, it can get runny.
- Open the can of tuna, scoop it into a bowl, add the mayo and the green onion. Stir to combine.
- Place the tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Put half the tuna mix on each tomato half.
- Top each tomato half with pickle slices and then the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away.
You can use any kind of cheese for this as long as it melts well. I just really like Gruyere and Cheddar.
For an option, try a few slices of avocado instead of the pickle