Avocado Tuna Melt
Author: Kristin @ DizzyBusyandHungry.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 3 (5 ounce) cans white chunk albacore tuna
- 3 and ½ tablespoons mayonnaise (can use light, if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 sliced muenster cheese
- Lightly toast each slice of bread.
- While the bread is toasting, make the tuna salad by combining the tuna, mayonnaise, dill, onion flakes, garlic powder, and paprika in a medium bowl.
- Place the toasted bread on a baking sheet.
- Distribute the avocado slices among the 4 pieces of bread.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the avocado.
- Distribute the tuna salad on top of the tomato.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the tuna.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler on high for 3-4 minutes until the sandwich is hot and the cheese is melted.