Tandoori Chicken Naan Pizza
What it took for 2 pizzas:
* 2 chicken breasts, cut into a small dice
* 3 Tbs. plain Greek yogurt
* 2 tsp. (or more if you can handle the heat!) spicy tandoori paste
* 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
* 5 frozen mango chunks, thawed and thinly sliced
* 2 store bought naan breads
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* cilantro, for garnish
In a bowl, stir together the yogurt and tandoori paste. Add the chicken, cover and marinate it in the fridge for at least an hour.
Preheat oven to 400.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over low. Add the onions and caramelize them until they become super soft and sweet, about 30 minutes. (If you’re in a hurry, you can always just saute the onions to your desired softness and sweetness.) Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
Add the chicken to the pan, marinade and all. Saute until chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduces a tad, 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Layer the chicken over each naan bread. Top with caramelized onions, sliced mango and top with shredded cheese.
Slide into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is browned and bubbly.
Garnish with cilantro, slice and serve it up, baby!
* That pizza sauce that you see in the first picture. Yeah. I thought I was going to need that, but the tandoori marinade ended up becoming the perfect light sauce for the pizza. But you are more than welcome to brush a little olive oil under the chicken if you feel the desire. Which would be lovely. The end. *