Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 2 pizzas
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 light multigrain English muffins, sliced in half
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin disks
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Line the baking sheet with the tomatoes, and evenly sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian seasoning over them. Generously spray the tomatoes with nonstick cooking spray (olive oil flavor is suggested).
- Roast in the oven until the tomato skins begin to split and wrinkle, 8-10 minutes. Take out and set aside.
- To assemble the pizzas, line a second rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place all 12 English muffin halves on the baking sheet, cut-side up.
- Evenly divide the spinach, cheese, and tomatoes between all 12 pizzas. Layer the spinach, then cheese, then 5 tomatoes, and finally sprinkle the basil evenly over all 12 pizzas.
- Bake the pizzas in the 400° F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
Per Serving: (2 pizzas)
Calories from fat: 89
Saturated Fat: 5g