Fresh basil pesto, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and drizzle of balsamic vinegar combine for a fresh & delicious flatbread pizza.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 flatbreads
- fresh basil pesto
- 2 large tomatoes sliced into thin rounds
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cut in rounds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garnish: fresh snipped basil
- Basil Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic (or more)
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Crisp up the flatbreads on a baking sheet under the broiler in the oven for a couple minutes until just crisping.
- Watch closely!
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Fresh Basil Pesto:
- Place basil leaves, garlic, parmesan and black pepper in food processor.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil in and process.
- Add more olive oil if needed for spreadable consistency.
- Spread each flatbread with 1/2 of basil pesto mixture.
- Top with tomato rounds.
- Top with fresh mozzarella rounds.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes on lowest oven rack until flatbread is crispy and cheese is melty.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately.