Caprese Chicken PizzaWill Cook For Smiles
(You save )
Caprese Chicken Pizza
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough (not thin crust)
- 2 tbs virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dry pizza seasoning (if you don't have that, it's oregano, basil, dry garlic powder and marjoram)
- 3-4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 medium chicken breast, cooked
- 1 large tomato
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- salt, fresh cracked pepper
- (Some cornmeal for baking the pizza)
- Grill the chicken in a frying pan with some salt and pepper. Slice thin and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Slice tomatoes thin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar and dry pizza seasoning.
- Lightly grease a pizza stone or a baking sheet you'll be using and lightly sprinkle with some cornmeal. Roll out the refrigerated pizza dough on the baking sheet.
- Using a brush, cover the pizza dough with oil/vinegar mixture (not too much). Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread out the grated Mozzarella cheese over the dough.
- Evenly spread out the tomato slices, covering the whole pizza.
- Spread out the chicken over the pizza and the basil leaves. Sprinkle with a little bit more salt if you'd like. You can sprinkle a little bit of the leftover oil/vinegar mixture on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the pizza crust is golden brown. (A couple of minutes longer if crispy crust is desired.)