Small Town Woman
Philly Cheese Steak Potato SkinsMom on Time Out
(You save )
Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins
You're going to love these Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins! Make it a meal or serve it up as an appetizer - everyone's favorite Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches just got a makeover!
Serves: 12 potato skins
- 6 small to medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbls butter
- 4 oz roughly chopped mushrooms
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz. very deli roast beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Pierce potatoes with a fork 2-3 times.
- Place on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt. Rub potatoes making sure skins are covered in oil.
- Place in oven and bake until just fork tender (20-30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides, leaving a small amount of potato flesh along the edge.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and salt. Cook, stirring frequently for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add roast beef, steak seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place hollowed out potatoes back on the baking sheet and fill the bottoms with half of the cheese.
- Evenly divide the meat and mushroom mixture amongst the 12 potato skins.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Broil just until cheese melts. Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 potato skin