Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy BreadThe Recipe Critic
(You save )
Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread
Author: Sabrina from Dinner, then Dessert
Recipe type: Party Food
Serves: 12 servings
- 8 ounces Ribeye Steak, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Provolone cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the salt and pepper to the ribeye steak.
- Heat the canola oil on high heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until the meat has a good sear (don't flip).
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and toss with the meat.
- Remove from the pan, add the butter, bell peppers, onion and mushroom to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread mayonnaise over both halves of the bread.
- Layer with slices of Provolone cheese.
- Add the steak and vegetables.
- Layer with remaining cheese.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on the middle rack until browned.
- Slice into two inch thick slices and serve immediately.