Mushroom, Spinach, and Parmesan Crêpes
This classic recipe for savory mushroom, spinach, and Parmesan crêpes is perfect for an elegant brunch, lunch, or light vegetarian supper.
Game Plan: You’ll need to make the batter for Basic Crêpes before you begin.
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet or nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, dried thyme, and a pinch of salt and sauté, stirring frequently, until the shallot has softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms to the skillet, turn the heat to medium-high, and sauté, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms have softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- 4Turn the broiler on and arrange a rack about 6 inches from the heating element. Smear a small baking dish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- 5Heat a nonstick crêpe or frying pan over medium heat and add enough crêpe batter to make a thin crêpe (see recipe link in the note above). Remove the cooked crêpe to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. You should end up with 3 crêpes.
- 6Lay the crêpes out on a work surface. Distribute the mushroom-spinach filling between the three crêpes, arranging it in a line along the diameter of each one. Sprinkle the Parmesan on the filling.
- 7Carefully roll up the crêpes to form cylinders. Place the rolled crêpes in the buttered baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- 8Place the crêpes under the broiler to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer the crêpes to a warmed plate and serve.