Maple Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Author: The Almond Eater
Serves: 24 pieces
- 24 pitted dates
- 8 pieces of bacon, cut into thirds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour dates into a bowl, set bacon on a cutting board, pour syrup into a separate bowl, pour sugar into a separate bowl, kind of like an assembly line.
- Cut bacon into thirds, giving you a total of 24 pieces. Or, if bacon is already somewhat small in size, cut bacon in half and add 4 extra slices.
- Work with dates, one by one: start by wrapping a date in a slice of bacon and securing it with a toothpick. Then, dip bacon in syrup and cover it in sugar and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this process for all 24 dates.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes, flipping half way through so bacon is cooked completely.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional sugar and enjoy!