Honey Sriracha Hummus Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 1 pound lean chicken breasts, preferably 4 smaller breasts or pieces.
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- To serve:
- 8 (1/2 oz each) slices provolone
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup Honey Sriracha Hummus
- 8 whole wheat slider buns or whole wheat dinner rolls
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook chicken on grill or in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the juices are clear. (This depends on how large your chicken breasts are; if you have small pieces of chicken your cooking time will be shorter. And longer if you have large chicken breasts.)
- Meanwhile, slice your mozzarella into 8 (1/2 ounce) thin slices.
- When chicken is done cooking, cut breasts in half so you have 8 small pieces of chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon of hummus onto the bottom of each bun. Place chicken on top, top with mozzarella, lettuce leaves and top of bun.
- Serve immediately.