Grilled Hawaiian Pizza Burritos:
What it took for 2 burritos:
* 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
* 2 tsp dried thyme
* 2 tsp dried oregano
* 2 large flour tortillas
* (about) 1/2 cup pizza sauce
* 1 (3.5 oz) package canadian bacon (crisped up in a skillet if you prefer)
* 1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
* 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into a small dice
* 1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced (and seeded for less heat)
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or about 5 string cheeses, cut into small chunks)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, half the thyme and oregano. Cover and sear 5 minutes. Flip and sear (and season) for another 5 minutes. Tent and rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
Lay two tortillas flat on a work surface. Evenly spoon the pizza sauce over each tortilla. Top with chicken, Canadian bacon, peppers, pineapple and cheese. You can always drizzle a little pizza more sauce on top. Kinda wish I had. Then just roll the burritos up (ends in first to tuck them in) and place on a hot grill pan, seam side down. Place something heavy on top and grill for about 3 minutes. Flip and grill another 3 minutes, or until you see nice grill marks all over. I grilled the sides too, to be cute. Was it cute? Never mind.
Slice and serve!
*You can always make these into smaller burritos by using smaller tortillas and getting more mileage with your fillings. Leave out the hot peppers for the kiddies. Add more cheese. You know the drill.
*Serve with more warmed pizza sauce on the side? Oh dude yes.