Your cart is empty.
Green Chile Grilled Chicken Burgers
Moist and juicy Green Chile Grilled Chicken Burgers, topped with avocado, salsa, and cheese. An easy, healthy recipe that everyone will love!
YIELD: 4 burgers
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- For serving: Sliced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, sour cream, sliced avocado, salsa
- Canola oil, for grilling
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, green chiles, green onion, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Divide and shape into 4 patties.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium and prepare any desired burger toppings.
- Lightly brush the grill with canola oil. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes, flip, then grill for an additional 3-5 minutes, until cooked through. During the last few minutes of cooking, top the burgers with pepper jack cheese and let melt. If desired, toast the buns on the grill as well.
- Enjoy immediately with any desired toppings.
For the juiciest chicken burgers, a light touch is key. When mixing the meat, use a fork or work lightly with your fingers and do not overmix or compact the meat. Shaped, uncooked patties can be tightly wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 1 month. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then cook as directed.
Serving Size: 1 burger, with whole wheat bun and cheese (no other toppings)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 334
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 683mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 38g
Grenchkbur - Recipes