Cheesy Sausage Bacon Jam Toast Bites
"These toasties topped with sausage and cheese are so easy and so delicious that they are sure to please. In fact, my husband loves them so much that I sometimes make them on regular-sized bread for dinner."
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
- 1 box of Velveeta Cheese (small box)
- 1 lb sausage, I used Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 /2 container of cream cheese
- 1 lb pork / turkey sausage (hot / spicy) and or / ground beef (We love Man Cave Craft Eats Sausage)
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 3 TBSP of Bacon Jams (your choice of flavor)
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- party bread (or you can use slider buns, fritos,tortilla chips, pita chips or crackers)
- Option: I love to use sliced sweet potatoes and slice the 1/4" think and bake them in the over at 425 degrees for 10 minutes
- In a large skillet cook your ground beef and sausage until done (no pink) and crumble
- Add Worcestershire sauce, bacon jam, parsley and Velveeta cheese (I cubed up the Velveeta to help it melt easier.
- After melted add a large TBSP to the top of a party bread or sweet potato slices and broil or bake at 400 degrees until the bread "toasts" and the meat and cheese mixture slightly bubbles. (I also spread the bacon jam over the bread / toasts first then add the mixture on top then bake too)
- Serve immediately.
- Another serving method is to toast your party rye and add the meat mixture to a crockpot and serve it more as a dip or with slider buns.