Crave. Taste. Eat
Hanky Panky Tailgate Cheesy Sausage Toast BitesCrave. Taste. Eat
Hanky Panky Appetizer - Cheesy Sausage Toast Bites
"These rye slices topped with sausage and cheese are so easy and so delicious that they are sure to please. In fact, my husband loves them so much that I sometimes make them on regular-sized rye bread for dinner."
prep 5 mins
cook 15 mins
total 20 mins
- 1 box of Velveeta Cheese (small box)
- 1 lb sausage, I used Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 /2 container of cream cheese
- 1 lb pork / turkey sausage (hot / spicy) and or / ground beef (We love Man Cave Craft Eats Sausage)
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- party rye bread (or you can use slider buns or tortilla chips)
- In a large skillet cook your ground beef and sausage until done (no pink) and crumble
- Add Worcestershire sauce, parsley and Velveeta cheese (I cubed up the Velveeta to help it melt easier.
- After melted add a large TBSP to the top of a party rye and broil or bake at 400 degrees until the bread "toasts" and the meat and cheese mixture slightly bubbles.
- Serve immediately.
- Another serving method is to toast your party rye and add the meat mixture to a crockpot and serve it more as a dip or with slider buns.