- 2 cups water
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous (You can use plain couscous or boxed couscous that comes with a flavor packet that you like.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko, but any breadcrumbs would work.)
- spices, to taste
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheese (Use any kind you like.)
- In a small saucepan on high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Immediately remove from heat. Cover and let sit for five minutes.
- Remove cover, fluff couscous with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Once couscous is cool, mix in eggs, 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs, spices, and cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Roll couscous mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls in the remaining half cup of breadcrumbs. It won't seem like they are very solidified. That's OK. The balls will get a crunchy protective layer when they bake.
- Bake for thirty minutes or until the balls are lightly browned on the outside.
- Serve warm.