Balsamic Mushroom Pearl Couscous
Pearl couscous with sauteed balsamic mushrooms, onions, ribbons of kale and creamy goat cheese.
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 Cups pearl couscous, uncooked
- 3 T Olive oil (2 T for sauteing, 1 T to mix in cooked couscous)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Medium onion, diced
- 1 LB Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Cups Kale, thinly sliced
- 4 T Balsamic vinegar (2 T for cooking mushrooms in, 2 T to add into cooked couscous)
- 1 T Red wine vinegar
- 2 oz Goat cheese
- 2 T Balsamic glaze to drizzle on top
- ¼ t Pepper
- Salt to taste
Powered by Chicory
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 T olive oil & let it heat up.
- Slice the mushrooms, dice the onion, minced the garlic and thinly slice the kale.
- Add the onions to the pan, cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes & let the mushrooms sit, don't stir! Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2 T balsamic vinegar. Stir and saute for another 5 minutes or until the mushrooms have absorbed the balsamic.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the pearl couscous according to package directions.
- When the couscous is done cooking, add it to the large pan with the mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 T balsamic, 1 T red wine vinegar ¼ t pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the goat cheese and kale.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top & enjoy!