Zucchini Ricotta FrittersFood Recipes HQ
(You save )
Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and thinly cut into sticks
- 80 g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb (or more to get the desired firm consistency)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest from a lemon
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini (cut into sticks), ricotta, egg, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the breadcrumbs just until incorporated. Let the batter rest for 20 min in the fridge.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of olive oil until shimmering.
- Shape spoonfuls of the zucchini batter into 3-in. (diameter) patties with your hands (careful, if you make them too thin they will break apart). Working in batches, add the patties in the pan with 1-2 tablespoons of oil. It is easier to flatten the patties with a spoon while in the pan, so you can try to flatten a little more at this point.
- Fry over moderately high heat, adding more oil when necessary, turning the patties once, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away, with lemon wedges.