Spinach And Ricotta Zucchini Cannelloni
Author: Karina - Cafe Delites
- 2 large and wide Zucchini, washed and unpeeled
- 1x 400g | 14oz can crushed tomatoes (or pasta sauce of choice/or Passata)
- 500g | 18oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 500g | 18oz Ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 210°C | 410°F. Prepare a shallow baking dish with half of the pasta sauce. Set aside. Using a mandolin, slice Zucchini lengthwise to create wide ribbons. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and squeeze out any excess liquid and discard. Mix in the ricotta, eggs, garlic and ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese until all ingredients are well combined. Mix through salt to taste.
- Place two zucchini ribbons on top of each other (as pictured above); spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto the smallest end. Roll up to form a cannelloni and place into a shallow baking dish, open end facing up. Repeat with remaining zucchini and spinach mixture. Pour the remaining sauce over the 'cannelloni,' and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling and the zucchini is soft when tested with a fork or toothpick.