White Garlic Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 slices Texas toast-style bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, parmesan, provolone, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, a dash of salt and pepper to taste, and crushed red pepper. Whisk until the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Take a couple tablespoons of the ricotta mixture and smear it on the unbuttered side of 4 pieces of bread. Place these 4 slices of bread on the griddle, butter side down. Carefully layer the mozzarella and baby spinach on top of the ricotta mixture. Place the remaining 4 buttered slices of bread on top, butter side up.
- Brown evenly on both sides, being careful when you flip the sandwiches. Remove from heat once brown and the mozzarella has begun to melt.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!