SUMMER AVOCADO PASTA SALAD
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
This Summer Avocado Pasta Salad is perfect for any picnic, lunch, dinner, or a Memorial Day or Fourth of July potluck dish.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into one inch pieces
- 16 oz. Orecchiette whole wheat pasta (or small shells or bow tie - I use DeLallo)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado pitted, cut into chunks
- 10 oz. fresh English peas, cooked and drained
- Cook the bacon until crisp; set aside on a paper towel. Crumble when cooled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; strain and cool. (You may need to run water over the pasta to prevent sticking.)
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 Tbsp. dill.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, tomatoes, and peas. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing to the mixture; toss gently and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add in avocados right before serving. Garnish with remaining fresh dill and serve!