Sriracha Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
Recipe type: Main Course
- ½ pound Mahi Mahi fillets (Order fresh Mahi Mahi click here) from Murrells Inlet, SC
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Dry Seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, rough chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6-8 flour tortillas or thicker gordita style wraps
- Optional Garnish:
- Thin sliced green cabbage
- Sharp, white cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream blended with lime juice and zest
- Cilantro leaves
- Additional Sriracha Dry Seasoning
- Salsa or Sweet Corn Salsa
- Place the fish in a small shallow dish. Whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, and Sriracha seasoning. Add the jalapeño and cilantro and pour over the fillets. Turn the fish to coat and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, pre-heat the grill to medium-high. Lightly grease the grill with canola oil using tongs and a paper towel. Remove the fish from the marinade (discard marinade) and grill with flesh side down for about 5 minutes or until slightly crispy and charred. Gently turn the fish over and continue cooking until done - another 3 minutes or so.
- Remove fillets from the heat onto a clean plate and set aside.
- Place the tortillas on the grill and cook for about 20-30 seconds until browned. The thicker gordita style tortillas will puff up like a pita as they cook. Turn and cook another 20 seconds until done.
- Remove skin from the fish (if still on the fillet) and flake with a fork.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.