by V&V Supremo Foods
Quesadilla Burgers are crave-able and easy to share. Perfectly seasoned chorizo and gooey melted Chihuahua® cheese make this quesadilla burger delicious and satisfying.
Share with friends:
Sour cream spread:
- ¾ cupSupremo® Brand Mexican Sour Cream from V&V SUPREMO®
- ¼ cupketchup
- 1 Tbspyellow mustard
- 3 Tbspdill relish
- ½ lbground beef 80/20
- 1 linkfrom (14 oz.) pkg. Supremo® Brand Pork Chorizo from V&V SUPREMO®
- ½ cupyellow onion, fine dice
- ½ Tbspgarlic, crushed
- ½ tspKosher salt
- 4(6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cupShredded Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla Cheese from V&V SUPREMO®
- 4iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4thin slices beefsteak tomato
- 2red onion slices, separated into rings
10 Steps to complete
- 1Preheat grill on medium-high heat or 400°F.
- 2Sour Cream Spread: in a small bowl; combine sour cream, ketchup, mustard, and relish. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- 3Hamburger Patties: in a medium bowl; combine ground beef, chorizo, onion, garlic, and salt. Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated. Divide beef mixture into 2 portions.
- 4Flatten each portion between 2 sheets of wax paper with the bottom of a plate to make ½ inch thick patties; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5On a gas grill; place patties over direct heat, with the lid closed. Cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until beef reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- 6Preheat a griddle or skillet for 1 minute over medium-low heat. The temperature on the skillet is important so that the tortillas do not harden or overcook before cheese fully melts.
- 7Heat 2 tortillas at a time for 30 seconds, flip tortillas. Evenly top 1st tortilla with 1½ tablespoons sour cream spread, ¼ cup Chihuahua® cheese, cooked hamburger patty, an additional ¼ cup cheese, and cover with 2nd tortilla. Repeat process for 2nd quesadilla burger.
- 8Flip quesadillas occasionally until the cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown, remove from griddle.
- 9Open the quesadillas and top with 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, and several rings of onion. Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
- 10Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with remaining sour cream spread on the side and enjoy!