All of our quiche are handmade with the freshest and highest quality ingredients available and have a rich silky texture, resulting in rave reviews and tons of repeat purchases! Our Nokkelost quiche is a big hit with Nokkelost (Norwegian) Cheese, fresh chives & crumbled bacon!
Recipe - the cheese farm
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- 10 ounces Nokkelost, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound Quark
- 4 tablespoons chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the grated Nokkelost onto the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Whisk together the eggs, Quark, 3 tablespoons chives, salt and pepper. Carefully pour over the cheese in the pastry shell. Spread to cover all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle the bacon and remaining chives over the Quark mixture.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until firm, approximately 30-40 minutes.
A little tip: If the crust is browning too much before the filling is set, tent with foil for the last 10-15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Food.Com