Mexican Sweet Potato Gratin with Chicken
Cal: 106g - Protein: 11g - Fat: 1.6g - Carbs: 11.8g - Fiber: 2g - Sugar: 3.56g
WW Old Points: 2 pts - Points+: 3 pts
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded (from 1 breast)
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup reduced fat tasty cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- toppings: chopped cilantro, scallion, guacamole, sour cream, cheese... (not included in nutritional info)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, salsa and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes. I used a sharp knife but a mandolin would do a perfect job. Spray an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish with a little olive oil spray.
- Layer sweet potato slices to cover the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of chicken (half of the mixture), a layer of sweet potatoes, another layer of chicken and a final layer of sweet potato. Top with cheese and sprinkle with sweet paprika. (So it's potato-chicken-potato-chicken + cheese-paprika).
- Bake for 30 minutes. At this point, remove from the oven and drain liquid (make sure the gratin doesn't fall into the sink!). Bake for another 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and sweet potatoes at the top are crispy. Let the gratin rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and top with additional cilantro, scallion and the best: guacamole!
Leave out cheese to make this dish paleo-friendly and make sure the salsa you use is sugar free.