Mac and Cheese with Kale and Bacon
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta noodles
- Bechamel Sauce
- 7.5 ounce bag of Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup crushed oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup of cooked bacon, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions shaving off 2 minutes of the cook time, as we'll be finishing this dish up in the oven. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- While the pasta is cooking, get the Bechamel Sauce started. Follow my easy tutorial for a delicious Bechamel Sauce every time.
- When the Bechamel is ready, remove it from the heat and slowly add the entire 7.5 ounce bag of Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar. Adding the cheese a little at a time and allowing the cheese to melt before adding more, ensures a smooth cheese sauce every time! Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed to suit your tastes.
- Mix in 2 cups coarsely chopped kale and the cooked pasta.
- Top with 1 cup of crushed oyster crackers and 1/2 cup of diced bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Mac and Cheese, Kale, Bacon, Crackers, Dinner, Pasta, Macaroni, Classic, Fresh Ingredients, #ChoppedAtHome
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.