LOW AND SLOW MUSTARD GLAZED BOSTON BUTT ROAST
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 6 HOURS 30 MINUTES
rest time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 7 HOURS
Mustard Glazed Blade Pork Roast (also known as a Boston Butt Roast) is cooked in the oven low and slow. You don’t need a fancy smoker to enjoy a good plate of barbecue!
- 8-9 pound Blade Pork Roast (also called a Boston Butt Roast)
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a roasting pan with foil or parchment paper. If you have a roasting rack, place that in the pan on top of the lining.
- Place your Blade Pork Roast in a large bowl. Using clean hands, rub all sides with the mustard to coat.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the brown sugar, paprika, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle the dry mixture ALL OVER the pork and then rub it in to create a paste with the mustard that coats the roast completely.
- Wrap it tightly in foil and place on the roasting rack (if using).
- Let the pork cook for 5 hours. Remove the foil, drain any excess liquid from the pan, and place the roast back in the oven, bumping the temperature up to 350F.
- Cook for another 1 1/2 hours until pork is tender.
- Let the meat rest for about 20 minutes before slicing or shredding.
- Serve as-is or with your favorite BBQ sauce. I love this with a mustard-based sauce!
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 0 CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 0mg CARBOHYDRATES: 0g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 0g PROTEIN: 0g