Chive Mustard Butter Roasted RadishesNoming Thru Life
(You save )
Chive Mustard Butter Roasted Radishes
Yield: 2-4 side servings
- 2 bundles or 1 pound radishes, greens removed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (vegan, if desired)
- 1-2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper , set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss halved radishes with olive oil and a sprinkle of both salt and pepper until evenly coated. Bake 30-40 minutes, tossing half way and cooking until radishes begin to become lightly golden in spots and are tender throughout.
- Five minutes before radishes are finished cooking, melt butter in a microwave safe container, for approximately 30-60 seconds. Whisk melted butter and mustard together until combined. Lightly stir in chives.
- Remove radishes from baking sheet, and place back into previously used medium bowl. Pour mustard mixture over radishes and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.
Radishes cool quickly once out of the oven, so keep that in mind. You can also add a little sweetner (honey or brown rice syrup) to your mixture to give it a slight sweetness if you’d like, 1/2 teaspoon should do. If your radishes come with their greens still attached they can be used in pesto or soups (try google for some ideas) if you don’t want to just toss them.