Healthy Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Quinoa Egg Muffins
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 + 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp onion (garlic) powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 handfuls spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil/water, rinsed, drained & chopped
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
Food Lion Big Game Bites
Don't Fumble Around. Food Lion Has Recipes for the Big Game Here! See more at www.FoodLion.com/SuperBowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place cupcake liners into a 12 muffin tin and spray generously with cooking spray. Alternatively, you could use a silicone BPA-free muffin baking pan or individual silicone BPA-free muffin cups. Also, you could make the egg bake in an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment paper and then cut into squares. DO NOT bake the egg muffins directly in the muffin tin, they will stick!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites for 30 seconds. Add flax/chia seeds, feta cheese, onion (garlic) powder, salt, pepper and whisk to combine. Add quinoa, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mix. Fill each muffin with egg mixture 3/4 full. If you have extra mixture bake in additional ramekins but do not overfill. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the egg muffins from the muffin tin and slide onto a platter. Serve hot (I like to add a few drops of Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sauce on top).
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container (I use primarily these glass containers
) for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave for easy breakfast on-the-go or a snack. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving = 1 muffin:
Total Fat: 2.3 g
Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Sodium: 220.6 mg
Total Carbs: 8.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 7.2 g
WW Points+: 2
This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy a product I make a small commission without any extra cost to you. In return, you can enjoy free recipes as well as savings on your favourite products. I also shared Clean Eating Ingredients I Buy
and Kitchen Appliances +Tools I Use.
Please buy local, organic and fair trade whenever feasible.