Healthy Okra FrittersFCN
Healthy Okra Fritters
- 2 cups of Avocado or Grade Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup of our favorite - TigerNut Flour (availalbe here click link)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups sliced okra, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced small (1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (or Buttermilk)
In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil over medium. In a mediumbowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add okra and onion and toss to coat. In a smallbowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. Add to okra mixture and stir just until combined.
In two batches, drop batter in 2-tablespoonful mounds into oil. With a small spatula or butter knife, gently flatten each mound and fry until golden, about 4 minutes per side, flipping once (adjust heat if browning too quickly). Drain onpaper towels. Season with salt and serve warm. Makes about 10.