Hip Foodie Mom
Grilled Provolone and Veggie Basil SandwichPip and Ebby
(You save )
Grilled Provolone and Veggie Basil Sandwich
One of my favorite grilled creations of all time!
Contributed by Megan Porta from pipandebby.com.
Published Oct 26, 2010
Total time: 10 min
- 2 slices swirl pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tomato slices, patted dry
- 2 avocado slices
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- Place the bread slices on a flat work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Layer the sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, 1 slice cheese, tomatoes, avocados, 1 slice cheese and slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwiche onto the hot skillet. Cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom layer of cheese begins to melt around the edges. Cut in half and serve!