French Toast Grilled Cheese with Apples and Caramel
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp half and half
- 1 apple, thinly sliced *I used Gala
- cream cheese
- thick caramel sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs with the half-and-half. Turn the bread in the egg and place in the hot skillet. Sprinkle the top side with cinnamon. Cook on one side, until deeply golden.
- Flip both pieces of bread. On the cooked side of one slice of the bread, spread a generous amount of cream cheese. Place apples on top of cream cheese.
- On the cooked side of the second piece of bread, spread or drizzle a generous amount of caramel sauce and sprinkle with salt. Then place the bread, caramel side down, on top of the other piece of bread with the apples and cheese.
- Cook each side of the sandwich until golden brown.
- Serve hot. *You can drizzle the sandwich with caramel, syrup or dust with powdered sugar.
Culinary Cool Original Recipe