Fajita Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Author: Dinner at the Zoo
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of mixed sliced peppers (I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers as well as a poblano pepper)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces of Foster Farms Sauté Ready fajita marinated chicken (1/2 bag)
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Pour the olive oil into a large pan and place it over medium high heat. Add the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to soften
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in the lime juice.
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the chicken and pepper mixture evenly over the rolls and top each sandwich with ¼ cup cheese. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side if using.