- 1/2 c. Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated (you may want extra for topping)
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2c. Milk
- 2 c. Mini Shells Pasta
- 1/2-1 c. Milk (separate from above)
- 1 heaping c. of cooked/left over veggies (I did more than just a cup)
- 1/4 t. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 t. Dried Parsley
- 1/4 t. Salt
- Sprinkle of mustard powder (optional but very tasty)
- Black Pepper to taste
Cook or reheat your veggies and grate your cheeses.
Over medium-low heat add your pasta and 1 1/2 c. milk in a medium sized pot and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir often to prevent noodles from sticking and burning.
After 5-8 minutes, begin to stir constantly. In about 10-15 minutes the noodles will be fully cooked and the milk will have thickened into a creamy sauce.The second it gets thick, 1/8 tp1/4 cup of milk and turn heat to lowest setting.
Add Gouda cheese and stir. Then add the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Adjust the sauce to your desired thickness by using the leftover milk. Add mustard powder and a pinch of garlic powder.
Stir in steamed/cooked veggies.