Your cart is empty.
Creamy Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac & Cheese
Looking to bring the ocean to your family's dinner table? This Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac & Cheese is creamy and warm and buttery with a hint of Sola Cajun Seasoning... a huge crowd pleaser!!
This Creamy Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac and Cheese is so very creamy, extra cheesy and pure indulgence. This tasty twist of the classic dish will surely be your new favorite dish to prepare!
1 hour 15 mins
This Cajun Shrimp and Crab Mac and Cheese is super creamy, cheesy and decadent. This delicious spin to the classic dish will surely be your new favourite!
Yields: deep 9x13-inch dish
- 2 pounds of fresh large/ jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (prefer Key West or Murrells Inlet local shrimp)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Sola Cajun Seasoning (always a favorite spice we use daily) (click to order)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Mac and Cheese:
- 3 cups of your favorite pasta shape, uncooked
- 2 and ½ cups fresh locally sourced crab meat, diced
- ¼ cup fresh or dried basil + more for topping
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 - 2 and ⅔ cups evaporated milk
- ½ - 1 tsp Paprika, or to taste
- ¼ - ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups colby & monterey jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Sola Cajun Seasoning (click to order our favorite seasoning!)
- Chopped Bacon (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese / Breadcrumbs (optional)
For the Cajun Shrimp:
- Read the notes before beginning the recipe.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, Sola Cajun Seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to combine and coat the shrimp.
- Once skillet is hot, add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink, 4-6 minutes. Set aside.
For the Pasta:
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add macaroni and cook until al dente (look at package directions to see how long it takes). Do not overcook.
- Drain well and transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl. Mix in Cajun shrimp, crab chunks and basil. Set aside.
For the Cheese/Milk Mixture:
- In a large bowl, add milk and evaporated milk and whisk to combine. Add paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Taste the milk and adjust the seasonings to your liking. Once you're satisfied with the taste, add the eggs and beat until mixture is combined.
- Set aside 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, ½ cup of colby & monterey, and ½ cup of Parmesan. Add the remaining cheese to the milk mixture and stir to combine.
Assembly of the Mac and Cheese:
- Pour cheese mixture into macaroni and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with reserved cheeses. Sprinkle more basil, paprika, salt and pepper on top (optional).
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until top is golden. Cover the top with foil around the 35-40 minute mark, making sure it doesn't touch the cheese. Remove from oven and let it sit for about 25-30 minutes to set before serving.
inspired by Dedra