Crab and Horseradish Havarti Dip
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups shredded horseradish and chive Havarti cheese (5 ounces)*
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked lump crabmeat or one 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Breadsticks, flatbread, toasted baguette slices, and/or bagel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of the Havarti cheese, the sour cream, and mayonnaise. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Gently stir in crabmeat and spinach.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 1-quart souffle dish or shallow baking dish. Bake about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Havarti cheese and the green onions. Serve with bread and/or chips. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If you can't find the horseradish and chive Havarti cheese, substitute 1-1/4 cups shredded Havarti cheese and add 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives and 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish with the sour cream.