Your cart is empty.
Chocolate Berry Bars (Paleo + Vegan)
Author: Rachel Conners
Serves: 16 bars
- 1 (4 oz.) cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the chocolate layer
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- About 1 cup of assorted fresh berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper or foil and grease lightly.
- In large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and toss to combine until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of greased pan. Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool completely.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, just bring coconut milk to a boil (took about 30 seconds in my microwave). Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour warm chocolate mixture over cooled crust. Arrange the berries on top as desired. Chill for at least one hour. Cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife.
Chvegbsr - Recipes