Chicken Pot Pie Gnocchi
All the flavor and comfort of Chicken Pot Pie without all the fuss!
Yields: Serves 4
- 1 lb gnocchi, [homemade|http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2013/01/gnocchi-in-a-brown-butter-sage-sauce/ ] or store-bought
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook gnocchi according to package directions and spread out flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in a small saucepan over medium heat and reduce by half (you should have 1/2 cup left in the pan). Remove from pan to a measuring cup. Add cream to pan and reduce it by half as well (you should have 1/4 cup cream). Return broth to pan with cream and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until soft and just beginning to brown. Add peas and carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes, then stir in chicken, followed by sauce and gnocchi along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently until well combined.
- Top mixture with panko breadcrumbs and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown and bubbly, about 10 minutes.