Shop Girl Maria
CARAMELIZED ONION GOUDA MACARONI AND CHEESEWill Cook For Smiles
(You save )
CARAMELIZED ONION GOUDA MACARONI AND CHEESE
Author: Lyuba Brooke
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ lb dry rotini pasta
- 1½ cups reduced fat milk
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 oz Gouda
- Fresh cracked pepper
- I recommend using your cast iron skillet (or an oven-safe skillet) so you can easily move it from stove top to the oven.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and add oil. Slice onion thin and add them to the skillet. Season with some salt and a pinch of sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are nicely caramelized and golden brown. It can take up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, drain and set it aside in a mixing bowl.
- In a medium sauce pot, heat up milk over medium heat.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce and grate in garlic.
- Shred cheese and add it to milk. Cook, slowly stirring, until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste and pour it into pasta.
- Add caramelized onions to the bowl with pasta and stir all well.
- Transfer mixture back to the skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.