The Taylor House
BREAKFAST BRUSCHETTAGrumpy's Honeybunch
(You save )
Author: Grumpy's Honeybunch
- 3 whole English Muffins, split
- 2 c. fresh Spinach, cleaned
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ⅓ c. fresh Sweet Red Pepper, diced
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 2-3 slices of bacon, crispy fried
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO, (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese or any white cheese
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Fresh basil chiffonade
- Break up the Crispy Bacon into ½" pieces
- In a skillet heat the oil. Add spinach, bacon, garlic, sweet pepper, tomato, onions, and paprika. Saute until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet, scramble the eggs until just fluffy. Set aside. Toss the scrambled eggs with the crumbled bacon.
- To assemble the Breakfast Bruschetta:
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and place the split muffins on the sheet. Place sheet in oven under broiler and broil until just toasty brown. Watch carefully so you don't burn the muffins.
- Remove from oven and assemble bruschetta. Put 2-3 Tablespoons of spinach mixture on each English Muffin then place 2 tablespoons of Scrambled Egg mixture on top of spinach. Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Place the baking sheet under the broiler (I used high setting) until the cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully, it is very easy to burn food under the broiler.
This recipe is easily adaptable to veggies of your choice and to scaling down for just one person.